Middle School Cross-Country Running

Friday, September 11, the Homer Huskies had their first x-country meet in Soldotna. The kids all rode the bus up, and we drove up to see what this was all about - a first for us! Brandon's coach is Miss Ridgley, who runs with them every day.
Homer is on the far left in the "blocks" (Brandon second in with his arms crossed across his chest)... they raced against Kenai, Soldotna, a Christian school, and a charter school.
And they're off! Brandon sprinted across this field (on left in first four light blue shirts) and was gasping for air up the immediate hill and around the rest of the course. He figured out what "Pace Yourself" means. :)
We sneaked back and forth to a couple "view spots" through the course.
Last up hill... "I think I can, I think I can..."
Finish Line, "I thought I could, I thought I could..."
Brandon beat his own previous times with 9:40 min. on 1.5 miles - 16th out of 45 runners!!
The 7-8th team... no boys placed this time, but 4 Homer girls placed in the top 10 in their race!

Comments