WA Visit

Thursday, August 13, I flew into Spokane for 5 days on my way to meet Brandon in Bozeman for his college orientation at MSU.  Mom and Dad met me and we went straight to visit my youngest brother Jeff in Spokane.  He was so thoughtful to pack a picnic lunch and plan a walk through the gorgeous flower gardens for me!  Hot sunshine, glorious colors and aromas from Creator God, and the cutest little nephews made for a perfect welcome home.
We ate in the park, a delicious chicken salad with fresh cucumbers and tomatoes from Jeff's garden fence, while Anthony and Maxwell dined at their little green frog table!
Back home for treehouse adventure before naptime.  Jeff is such a great Dad!  I hadn't seen their renovated historic home; he and Dad did outstanding work.  
Then it was off to dinner in Ritzville with middle brother Jake and his kids!  Mmmm... corn on the cob from his garden amid the dry heat and smell of harvested grain.  He shared special "blessed" wheat for my bread from the rabbi's visit to his farm this summer.
I hadn't seen his new shop project, either!
The boys were proud to show it off... Fabulous!
Gorgeous smokey red sunset over the fields.
Friday Mom and I set out for visiting... Grandpa and best friend Monica.
More great Mom time Saturday.  We walked, visited Dad on his next construction project, and Jeff brought the boys out to swim in Grandpa's pool and share lunch and naps again!  I read a novel and made a Shutterfly album.. Perfect vacation.
 Finally made it to the lake Sunday after church...
25th High School CHS Class of 1990 Reunion!
Kevin Klein, Kathy (Klein) Beachy, Dinah (Oehlwein) Underwood, Daniel Hummel, and Heidi (Clinesmith) Nygren.  We even found a photo from our last time together in '07 and stood in the same places!  Our parents joined us for the day.  So cool to pick up right where we were last time... sat on the lawn and visited like old people until 9 pm!  God is faithful.
Monday play at the lake with my nieces and nephews... swimming and dominoes.  Walk with Mom, kayak with Dad.  Love this place.
Tuesday goodbyes.  My Grandpa Klein stopped by for a hug after his Dr. follow-up from previous hip replacement.  "You're doing great!  Come back in 2 years!"  He just laughed.  93 in December.  What a legacy.  XOXOX

Comments