My Grandma Dorothy Stromberger

My Grandma went home to be with Jesus just a few days before her 87th birthday this month. I was so blessed to be able to spend a week with my family, especially for the funeral Friday, May 7, in Ritzville, WA. The viewing for the family was at the funeral home at 9:30 a.m. before the procession to the cemetery for the graveside service at 10:30 a.m.
Family photographs and lunch together at the Emmanuel Lutheran Church. The Stromberger Family has grown from the love of one man and one woman, Art and Dorothy, married in 1942. They had 5 children, 17 grandchildren, and 32 great grandchildren. What a blessing for me to spend time with all these cousins I've not seen for years!
The Roger Klein Family (just missing my Beachy boys)
Dad and Mom
During the service at 2 p.m., the Grandkids sang "Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us" as we did together in 1982 for Grandpa and Grandma's 40th wedding anniversary celebration (when I was 10 years old.)
Following that hymn, I read "My Tribute" to Grandma...
... to a church full of family and friends.
Fellowship downstairs afterward... the remaining Stromberger siblings.
Then out to my brother Jake and Alisha's farm/ranch in Ritzville to enjoy more family time and dinner together.
Uncle Jeff on the little dirt bike raced Zachary on his 4-wheeler and Julia on her feet!
"Been Farmin' Long?"
My brothers: twin Kevin, and Jake and Jeff.

Comments