April 24

19 days after the car accident, I am so thankful to be off all pain meds, and even Tylenol most of the time! Clayton has had no side effects and is thriving at school and on the soccer field. Thank you for continued prayers!!
My hand and fingers tingle all the time, reminiscent of it having been "asleep," a good sign of nerve repair taking place. I am sleeping well at night in a couple different positions with fewer pillows, and I shower by myself every other day by first pulling a plastic glove over my arm with my left hand and big toe to stretch out the small circle opening that fits snug around my elbow!
I've resumed shortened office hours at Beachy Construction and the church, went to church service and Bible study this week, and have invited piano students back into my home for quick recital piece review. They fill up my love tank!
All my tasks take twice as long; I know I'm in a season of REST. I strive for 2 naps a day, in between PT finger exercises every 2 hrs. for 15-20 min. We are so blessed by meals being delivered by our community members 5 nights a week, and the boys have laundry and dishes down! Elizabeth and Sherene Nelson were my cleaning angels on Saturday... the house is spotless and the showers sparkly - never my favorite chore! Sister-in-law Lisa often accompanies me on a 20 min. walk down the road after dinner. My nails are still beautiful from Krista's manicure. XOX
My pastor's wife Karen Taylor drove me to Anchorage again yesterday, Tuesday 4/23/18 for another 2 hr. appointment with Patty at Advanced Hand & Orthopedics. I cried the first 5 minutes when she took off the brace and told me to bend my wrist as far as I could down and up. Stationary so long, it was so weak and fragile and swollen. Reality just burst forth after being so brave and diligent on my own. Patty is the kindest and gentlest cheerleader, she rubbed all the dead skin and blood off with a warm rag, peeled off the scabs, massaged the scars, and rejoiced at the finger movement I already have! She put the tape over my wrist to keep the skin taught while the tendons can slide more freely underneath. The carpal tunnel scars had healed great in my palm! I have more active pulling exercises, all right fingers collectively toward my palm, and each finger pulling individually toward the A-OK position to my thumb this week, in addition to the passive left hand pushing all of the joints individually I've been doing. I'm starting PT with Susan at SPH in Homer next week. Back to Anchorage in 2 weeks.
Sheldon is my faithful provider. He's so proactive in contacting providers, filling out paperwork, and making a plan. Couldn't do this without him and so many others of you!
My prayer for the week, "Let Your steadfast love comfort me according to Your promise to Your servant. Let Your mercy come to me that I may live, for Your law is my delight." Psalm 119:76-77


Comments