August 2

4 Months. We've come a long way! We've a long road ahead...
I had a very encouraging follow-up appointment with my surgeon Dr. Ala in Anchorage last week. The X-ray showed great progress in bone healing. His eyebrows went up when he saw I could make a fist, and then extend my fingers so far, rotate my wrist, etc. He said. "This is truly amazing. I am surprised to see such range of motion already. I nearly amputated this hand a few months ago! You're on track for complete recovery in closer to 1 year, not 2. Good work to you and your PT."
After he left, there was a knock on my door. One of his new assistants introduced herself, "Dr. Ala told me I should come see what you can do with your hand after your accident this spring. Will you show me?!" When she had rejoiced with me, there was another knock at the door and two more nurses sneaked in with the same request and, "Can I take a video of your movement?" The doc was talking about me in the hallway. ;)

PT session at Advanced Hand was just as positive. Patty was out of town, so I met with the owner of the business this time. She took some time to review all my injuries and measured every joint for range of motion. Again, "Significant progress in all areas. Your Homer PT knows what she's doing. Keep it up and add some strength exercises now." She sent me home with silly putty and a stretch band.  Thank You, Jesus! And Susan Darr!
"Heal me, Jesus, and I shall be healed; save me and I shall be saved, FOR YOU ARE MY PRAISE." Jeremiah 17:14

Comments