July 25

111 days post accident. Hooray - I can almost make a fist! And I can tie my shoes! I'm still shooting for 5 good hr. workouts a day. Sleeping most nights in my bed now with my hand up on the pillow beside my face. Elevation isn't as critical as the swelling continues to subside slowly. I can see the veins again on the back of my hand. And I can walk with my hand down by my side for a little while like a normal person instead of waving it over my head to avert the throbbing. My fingernails do have bumps and purple dents as they grow out from the trauma. I continue to wear the compression sleeve and brace. PT with Susan T/Th 9-10a. Gee comes to massage and pray Wednesday nights. Yay!
It was so good for my soul to have Brandon home last week! We sang worship songs together with his guitar. He went fishing with his Dad and brothers. We all celebrated Emily's birthday with a surprise family BBQ. He mowed the lawn. Drummed for church service. Painted more walls up high. Biked to the end of the spit and back several times, 20 miles under 1.5 hr. (Wow) Frolthed with friends. (Frisbee golf) And was a rock star in my kitchen: doughnuts, lasagna, chocolate chip cookies, gourmet hamburgers, cinnamon rolls, pizza... and did the dishes!! We laughed and cried and prayed together. Love him. He's back on the squid boat in CA again.
A day fishing on the bay Saturday seemed daunting, and I was exhausted, but what an adventure. I get out for daily walks and occasionally pull weeds. Scheduling a shared vehicle with Jordan is tricky as his days are full of fishing and mowing. He's mostly a good sport and a fine chauffeur! Office tasks aren't quite so overwhelming, but there are always challenges that bring instant tears. Sheldon tries to be patient as I work to keep accounts in good order. Communication just takes work. Very thankful my God is still working on me!
"Count it all joy when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4

Comments