June 14


10 weeks. Loving summertime! Finding the balance of working an hour in the yard... resting an hour on the couch. Walking two miles to or from the office. Finding the perfect rhythm with my footsteps to count the PT stretches and holds for each joint. Reflecting on my shadow on the way home today. Rejoicing in 5 (stiff and curved) fingers! Reclining on the deck. Smelling fragrant blossoms, wondering what heaven smells like? Making chocolate chip cookies all by myself (eating the dough, of course!) Reading a book until midnight, watching the alpine-glow sunset reflections on the mountains. Falling asleep on the couch with my arm propped up against the cushions, not waking up for 5 hours. Savoring lunch out with girlfriends. Rehearsing life's challenges and blessings (our husbands and kids!) Cleaning out the garage, selling items on Facebook. Anticipating our move this fall. Simplifying. Celebrating participation of my right hand in helping and holding little things. Studying this week's VBS "Mary & Martha" story. Contemplating that God created me with a Martha temperament but woos me to develop a Mary heart. Remembering He gave me the word WALK for 2018. Praising Him that I still can! "Spirit of Truth, be my guide." John 16:13

Comments