May 15


Road to Recovery
Day 40. Swelling remains at the top of my priority list, a very little improvement. PT massage and stretches ended with my hand in a serious compression sleeve this morning. The scars are healing but require deep massage. The layers of skin continue to peel. No further finger flexibility this week primarily because of the swelling. I go back to Anchorage next Thursday for my 7 wk. check-ups with the surgeon and advanced hand orthopedics. I have overflowing gratefulness for every one that assures me of faithful prayer. XOXOX 
1. Something that makes me cry - wrist exercises, a phone call from my eldest on Mother’s Day, worship music with my church family
2. Something that makes me laugh - working beside my awesome boys in the kitchen
3. Something that I really miss - my handwriting, sleeping on my tummy, long sleeved shirts
4. Something I really value- my left hand and naptime
5. Something so easy that is now so hard - opening the mail
6. Something so hard that is now so easy - couch time with my man
7. Something that I dread every day - devoting 5 hrs to my hand and asking for help
8. Something that I look forward to every day - reading and walking
9. Something I’m sorry for over and over - not slowing down
10. Something I’m grateful for over and over - forgiveness and friends

Comments