May 31

Eight weeks. My Forget Me Nots are blooming! (AK state flower) And I have a new sporty brace that allows finger movement and participation throughout the day. I tied a loose bow in my PJ pants last night! MOTION IS LOTION. But I’m learning the balance in that, as well. How hard to push (on my knuckles, literally.) Working in the sunny flowerbeds Monday removing dead stalks for an hour was glorious to my soul, but my hand was throbbing.Tuesday evening I fell apart after PT in the morning and a couple hours at the church office. I was resting on my couch at 2:30, but by 4:30 I was crying in my bed. Exhausted. Every finger joint aching, and needles dancing through my wrist, my palm, and my fingers. A slight fever, shivering and then sweating. A rattly cough, a cold after a week of allergies? Whole body aches. Oh, and PMS. Pounding headache. I cried for Sheldon to come hold my hand and pray with me. Holy Spirit presence and comfort. Jordan and Annali made dinner and served me. More tears. I sent out texts for prayer support to family and friends. I cancelled any plans for the next day and declared a sick day. Then took a pain pill left from surgery and closed my eyes again at 8:30. Surrendered. And finally slept for 11 hrs. in my own bed. His grace is enough.
Wednesday I sat on the couch all day. Watched my amazing mother in law clean my house. Took a nap. Read a book. Recruited VBS volunteers. Received a delicious shepherds pie dinner from my sister in law. Relished in massage and prayer by Gee. 24 hrs. later I was an entirely different person. Lavishly loved all along. And never alone. "Wait for the Lord. Be strong and let your heart take courage. Wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14
Today I had a good PT session with my faithful cheerleader Susan. I can touch 3 fingers to my thumb. My wrist bone is once again visible with reduced swelling. And my palm can straighten up to a flat wrist and ever so slightly beyond (toward throwing a ball someday.) It's the LITTLE things. And I'm so grateful.

Comments